25 April 2013

April 2013 Playlist

Hi everyone! Another month, another playlist, I suppose. This one basically is filled with songs I would have loved when I was 13, and still love now. Although really, that’s just how my music taste seems to be in general.

Let’s just get on to it, yeah?

april 2013 playlist

1-3: So I start with a bunch of my favorite Disney kids who are no longer with Disney (or kids), but are still making catchy music. Pom Poms is ridiculously fun to dance to, and it just makes me so excited for their upcoming album. As for Selena Gomez, this lady is my number one girl crush, and she can do no wrong as far as I’m concerned. I hope this song catches on as much as I want it to. The new will.i.am single rounds out this three, fitting in with its co-singer, Miss Cyrus. I actually didn’t expect to like this one, but once I listened… I just know this  going to be THE song of the summer.

4: Call Me Maybe, by Carly Rae Jepsen. is actually on my April 2012 playlist, but I don’t love it any less. Because of that, she’s reprising: two Aprils in a row.

5-10 is a barrage of poppy-alternative-rock. Leading the way are my three favorite songs off of the (ohmygodsofreakinggood) new Fall Out Boy album. The whole album is just perfect, as expected. The next two songs are from The Summer Set, another one of those bands who you can rely on to always have a couple of really fun songs. Finally, Second Chances by Cartel rounds out the dance party.

11: Honestly, I gotta say, I only downloaded this song because of the whole Chloe thing. You know, like it’s a song with my best friend’s name in it? I thought it’d be fun to sing at her and tease her just a bit. Unfortunately, I ended up liking it.

12-13: Watsky is talented and hilarious and just all around fabulous. It’s so refreshing to hear someone rap about positive things and not just degrading women and that sort of thing.

14: Taylor. I am trying to get this one down on the ukulele, so it’s been playing a lot.

15: Finally, finishing off the list is the Amanda Palmer song I had to leave off last week, the Vegemite song. It’s just- ugh, perfect. Just go listen to it.

What are you guys listening to these days?
name


2 comments:

  1. Never stop loving the things you loved as a child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is probably the BEST advice to give anyone.

      Delete