05 January 2014

2013 Reading Goal Wrap Up & The Best of 2013.

hello friends :) I'm very proud to be able to say that I completed the 2013 book challenge that I set for myself. I had set out to read 120 books in 2013, and I managed to read more than that. I finished off last year with 123 books, an all time record for myself. If you're interested in the books that I read as part of this goal, you can see them either here on my goodreads (let's be friends!) or here as a google doc.

Because I read so many books this year, I decided that I wanted to share my top books of 2013. These aren't all books published in 2013, just ones that I read in 2013. Also, there are two series that, for all intents and purposes, I'm calling singular books. These are in the order which I read them, and all were rated 5/5 stars.

1. The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson
2. A Mango Shaped Space by Wendy Mass
3. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
4. Love & Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo
5. The Family Fang by Kevin Wilson
6. The Birthright Trilogy (All of These Things I've Done) by Gabrielle Zevin
7. Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan
8. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
9. The Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth
10. Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
11. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Any of those that are links will take you to the book's individual review, and you can see me chat a bit about those books in a video, here.

As far as next year, I plan to read 100 books! I also hope to review many more of them than I did in 2013. I'd love to review all 100, but I don't know if I can commit to that. I'm going to try though!

I'm also getting stricter with my starring method, so here's how I look at it:
☆ - I did not like this book
☆☆ - This book was not very good.
☆☆☆ - This book was okay/alright/pretty decent
☆☆☆☆ - This book was solidly GOOD.
☆☆☆☆☆ - I LOVED this book.

Let me know what your favorite books of 2013 were!
PS. I hope to do better with book reviews this year. Whoops. 


No comments:

Post a Comment