02 January 2014

positivity & goal achieving diy projects

Happy 2014! I know that whether or not people make new years resolutions is kind of a controversial topic; some people love them, some people hate them. Of course we don't need to wait until the calendar changes to make good and positive changes into our lives, but on the other hand, we all know that thing we do where we're scrolling through tumblr and we're like "okay, at 2:00 I'll start my homework," and then when it's 2:07 we have to wait until 2:30, so it kind of makes sense that we'd also want to start our life changes on a nice round date.

As for me, I don't usually make big resolutions at the new year, but I do tend to set goals for myself to achieve throughout the year. I talked about it in a video here, but these are my goals:

1. Read 100 books
2. Drink more water
3. Take more pictures & learn how to actually use my DSLR
4. Continue to work towards managing my anxiety.

In order to achieve those goals, I have two DIY projects that I did to help direct my motivation & set myself up for positivity.

The first is a Vision Board. Like you can see in the video, my vision board is basically a collage of people I find to be inspirational, quotes and pictures that cheer me up and images of goals I want to achieve. Mine features Demi Lovato, Tina Fey & Amy Pohler, as well as quotes reminding me to chill out, keep calm and to live without regrets. It also has some pictures reminding me I want to read & take pictures so that I don't forget about that. I plan to keep my vision board above my desk, so that I can see it and stay motivated throughout the year.

The second is a Good Things Jar. This is an empty salsa jar that I decorated and plan to fill with slips of paper with "good things" on them as they happen. My goal is that, at the end of the year- or when I have a day where it seems like absolutely nothing is good- I can pull my good things jar out and read through them. I think that this will be a cool tradition to look back on at the end of the year.

Both of these projects will hopefully keep me on the path of positivity this year, which is my biggest goal for 2014. Do you make resolutions or goals at the beginning of the year? What are they?



No comments:

Post a Comment