20 November 2012

Influenster College Vox Box 2012

Hey guys- time for a brief break from crafterbating to take a mini-vacation to beauty and makeup :) I just got my Influenster box, the College Vox Box. I did an unboxing video, which you can see here:
For more pictures/details/reviews, keep on reading!

IMG_3056
Everything in the box: Energy Sheets, Necco Tropical Wafers, NYC New York Color Show TIme Eyeliner Pencil, ImPress Press-on Manicure and a Pentel EnerGel-X Pen.

IMG_3057
Pentel EnerGel-X Pen: $1.90
I like the pen. I write, like, a lot, and this pen is the perfect gelly but not smeary ink pen. I may actually take a break from Sharpie Pens for this one, I’m definitely into the way it writes. I think I saw on twitter that some people got other colors, and I kind of wish I would have gotten something other than black, but I’ll DEFINITELY be using this.

IMG_3058IMG_3059
NYC New York Color Show Time Glitter Eyeliner Pencil: $2.49
I’ve never used a glitter eyeliner before, but this one went on surprisingly smoothly, and the glitter showed up pretty well, too. You can see in the first swatch that there is definitely glitter flakes going on in there, which I like. Not for an every day look, for me, but definitely for a night out, I’ll wear this. The second swatch is when I wiped it off- the glitter stuck around, so just be aware of that?

IMG_3060IMG_3061IMG_3062
Energy Sheets: $5.95 for a pack of 10
Like I said in the video, I won’t be trying these. I’m sure they’re great, but I’m a serious hypochondriac when it comes to supplements and things like that. If I can get the husband to try one, I’ll report back with further info, but for now all I can say is they look weird.

IMG_3063IMG_3064
ImPress Press-On Manicure: $5.99 for solid colors, $7.99 for patterns
In general, I like these. They went on easily, they’re staying on while I type, etc. They have a pretty, glittery finish which I like, and despite the fact that this style is Space Cadet, I maintain they look like giraffe print, which I love. My only complaint is that they’re short. I have decently long nails and I had to file them down quite a bit to get these to look okay. Other than that, the sizes provided were great for me (& my small hands). I just wish the nails themselves were a little longer.

EDIT: After about 24 hours, I ripped the nails off. They stayed on fine and still looked amazing even after cooking/cleaning/dishwashing, but they just dove me crazy. The weren't the exact same shape as my real nails and things kept getting caught under them weirdly. They did go on super easily and look great, but the fake nail thing just annoys me.

Necco Tropical Wafers: $1.15
Uh, didn’t make it to a picture. Whoops.

Did you get a Box? Let me know what is in your box, and how you like it! I hope I get another one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment