20 December 2013

Christmas Ornament Earrings

clip_image002Hey guys! I have another Christmas DIY for you this week, but this time it’s to dress you up, not your tree. I’m going to show you how to make some festive earrings using the mini ornaments that you can find everywhere these days, including the One Spot (read: dollar bin) at Target.



For the project you need two of those ornaments (the dollar ones from Target come in a package of 16), some jump rings and some earring hooks. I’m also going to show you an alternate way to do these if you like your earrings to dangle more, and for those you’ll also need some jewelry chain.

clip_image004
First, let’s do the shorter ones. No additional dangle on this pair, for those of you who like your earrings a bit more modest- or if you’re like me and into the asymmetrical look, this is just the shorter of the set!

I hope you’re ready for how unbelievably easy this is:
clip_image006
Step one: Open up your jump ring, using two pairs of pliers.
clip_image008
Step two: put both the ornament and the hook on the jump ring.
clip_image010
Step three: close the jump ring back up.

Yes, that’s really all there is to it. If you like your earrings short, go ahead and do that same thing again, but if you want a longer one, let’s keep going.
clip_image012
For the longer one , it’s almost exactly the same, with the addition of some jewelry chain.

clip_image014
Step one: cut the chain to the length you want it to be.
clip_image016
Step two: open up your first jump ring.
clip_image018
Step three: put one end of the chain, and the ornament on that jump ring, and close it.
clip_image020
Step four: put the other end of the chain and the earring hook on a second jump ring. Close that one, too.

Yup. That’s really how easy it is!

Like I said, I’m into the asymmetrical look so I’m wearing one of each, but you can go ahead and do whichever you prefer! If you do these, I’d love to see them- send them to me on twitter or instagram, I’m @techni_moments!

Stay crafty,

























No comments:

Post a Comment