19 August 2013

Books I Am Anxiously Awaiting

I have found myself in a bit of a predicament. And I don’t just do this once or twice, but I have found myself in this situation SO MANY TIMES in the last year or so, and I don’t really see tis problem going away any time soon. In fact, I would put money on the fact that it’s only going to get worse.

What is this problem, you ask? It’s the issue of being stuck in the dreaded months between the releases of Book 2 and Book 3 in a series. There are a ton of books I’m currently waiting on the sequels to, but here are the six (in no particular order) I am most anxious for.

[There aren’t any spoilers here, but still proceed with caution. Linked reviews may contain spoilers.]

1. The Shadow Cabinet (#3 in the Shades of London Series (4 books) by Maureen Johnson): Expected 2014. The Madness Underneath, book #2, ended on SUCH a cliffhanger, that I honestly don’t know how Maureen Johnson sleeps at night. I was anxious for book three pretty much the day after book two came out, and there’s still so much longer to go. There isn’t even a DATE yet, and I just know that MJ is cackling to herself over my anxiety. (Madness Underneath Review)

2. Allegiant (#3 in the Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth): October 22, 2013. AGAIN a book ending on a bit of a cliffhanger. I made the rookie mistake of binge reading Divergent and Insurgent back to back without checking to see if the third one was out yet, so I got a good heavy dose of being into the book, and then BOOM, no more. Ugh. (Divergent & Insurgent Reviews)

3. In the Age of Love and Chocolate (#3 in the Birthright Trilogy  by Gabrielle Zevin): October 29, 2013. I just got my hands on the second book, after taking a bit of a break after the first one, and something happened in this series that rarely happens in my opinion: book two was way better than book one.  There wasn’t the typical boy drama/love triangle setup that usually ensues, Anya was a really strong character and she made a decision at the end that has me DYING for the next book. (Reviews coming soon!)

4. Cress (#3 in The Lunar Chronicles series (4 books) by Marissa Meyer): Expected 2014. I remember when Cinder was first released, the idea of the book just didn’t appeal to me AT ALL, so I didn’t give it a second thought. Then, recently a friend of mine who is a booktuber suggested it to me, and I decided to give it a go since we’ve had similar opinions on books and I LOVED THEM. Of course now, I have to wait an unknown amount of time for book three. I’m getting angrier writing these… (Lunar & Cinder Reviews)

5. When Did You See Her Last (#2 in the All The Wrong Questions series (4 books) by Lemony Snicket): October 15, 2013.  These books are sort of a prequel to The Series of Unfortunate Events books, and this is probably the worst on the list because I’m waiting on book TWO of FOUR. Grump. The first one was super cute and gave a good hint of Lemony Snicket’s childhood, but I’m really excited to (maybe) learn more. (Who Could That Be Review)

6. Isla and The Happily Ever After (#3 in Anna and The French Kiss Trio by Stephanie Perkins): May 13, 2014. This isn’t exactly a series, but a trio of vaguely related books in the same universe, and oh man, do I love the first two. The first draft of the last one was just recently finished, according to twitter, and this is the longest wait on the list. I’m so excited to see the final story here. As an aside, Stephanie Perkins is the cutest ever and I want to hang out with her on the regular. (No reviews, but here’s a cute video from when I last met Stephanie!)

Honorable Mention:
The Land of Stories #3: I’ve only just purchased the second book (today!) and probably won’t start it until I finish the Percy Jackson series, but I KNOW that once I’m done with The Enchantress Returns, I’ll be desperate for the yet unnamed third book.

So tell me, how do you deal with the waiting period in between books? Do you reread before the book comes out? What series/trilogies are you stuck in the middle of?

No comments:

Post a Comment