24 May 2013

May 2013 Playlist

So, I don’t know if anyone else does this, it may just be me. I have this thing when it comes to music, where some music is winter music, and some is summer music and things just feel off if I listen to music in the wrong season. It’s important to note that the subject matter doesn’t always matter: some Christmas music sounds really summery to me, and some music about the summer or the beach feel like winter.

It’s more about the feel of the music, I guess.
Since it’s been in the 80’s here for the last few weeks, I’ve been dipping into my summer music a bit earlier than usual. I thought I’d make this playlist to share with you what “summer music” feels like to me, and to see if anyone else has this weird music habit.

Here’s my Summer Music 2013 Playlist!
may 2013
The first song on here is by my friend and former co-worker Jeanette. She released an album called You’ve Got Me, and as soon as I heard it I knew it was the perfect summer album. Every song on this album is so good, and even if she wasn’t a friend, I’d be a fan.

As for the rest of it, bands like Brand New, The Young Veins, Weezer, and All Time Low all just feel like fun to me, and that’s how summer feels. Pretty much music along that vein is what summer music seems like to me.

I’m really curious to know if anyone else sorts music like this! Anyone?
Let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment