28 December 2012

December 2012 Favorites

Hey guys! I hope everyone had a great holiday- whichever you celebrate- or just an enjoyable couple days off if you had them. Now that the holiday craziness has died down a bit, it’s time for my December favorites!

It’s a pretty decent mix of crafty and beauty with some extras this month, I’ve been all over the place in terms of what’s been occupying my time lately. Here’s a preview, and read on for more details.
IMG_0673

IMG_0648
This first thing was an early Christmas gift from my husband, so I’ve had it for a couple of weeks even though it was technically a gift. It’s the cutest pink ukulele I’ve ever seen in my entire life. I’m not very good at it yet, but I’ve been playing it A LOT, especially since my friend just got one too, and we’re determined to get good at it together.

Honestly, I’ve just been having a lot of fun playing covers of songs I love and goofing around pretending to write songs which are quite bad. It’s the absolute cutest thing I’ve ever owned, and I’m only a little obsessed with it.

IMG_0659 IMG_0660
This isn’t a new product, for me or for anyone else, but I’ve worn it almost every single day that I put on makeup this month. It’s Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Half Baked. It’s a nice, shimmery gold and it looks good if you do a full eye with highlight and crease color and all that jazz, but it also looks great just all over the eyelid with some eyeliner and mascara- it’s really the best of both worlds in an eyeshadow.

I think I got this at the end of the summer when Urban Decay was having a huge sale on all of their vintage eyeshadows, and it’s been pretty consistently in my top favorites, but it definitely was number one in December.

capture IMG_0657
This nail polish- L’Oreal in Stroke of Midnight (570)- was in my stocking on Christmas. I’d been looking for a nice grey polish for a while, and when I found this one, I dropped some not-very-subtle hints about it. Smart guy I’m married to, hm? Christmas Day I paired it with another color that was in my stocking, using the Stroke of Midnight as an accent color, but I think next time I’m going to use that as the main color. It’s just a bit shimmery, but a really nice grey.

IMG_0662
This is the ampersand necklace designed by Karen Kavett, which is available on DFTBA.com. It was a gift from my grandmother for Hanukkah, and it’s my new favorite piece of jewelry. I literally wore it every day this week, plus tons since I’ve had it.

Karen wears hers in a lot of videos, and I’ve always admired it, so when she put it up for sale, I knew I had to have one. I’m really thankful that my grandmother bought it for me, along with a couple of tees and some other nerdy things. Perfect gift.

IMG_0663 IMG_0666
Lastly, it’s been all sorts of summer camp in my home lately, because I’ve been cranking out knotted bracelets/friendship bracelets like it’s my job or something. I also used a bracelet technique to make my headphones not get as tangled too.

For some reason I just find the repetitive motion of these really soothing, so I work on them when I’m watching TV and things like that. I think I’ve don’t maybe 4 or 5 of this this month, and I’m still going! I’m going to have a serious collection soon.

And that’s all for this month! If you have a December favorites post, I’d love to see it, so link me to it down below so I can check it out! Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment