17 September 2012

I'm home! (and I went to MAC.)

I am so beyond excited that my husband and I are in Philly for two weeks! Last time we were here was more of a family emergency, so we didn't really get a chance to do fun things, but now we're actually on vacation, so we've been having a good time. We got in Friday morning, and it's only Monday, but already I have sunburn. Whoop.

Saturday we went to the Philadelphia Flugtag- which, if you've never been, and there's one near you, you should go. And bring sunblock. I didn't really get to take too may pictures, because I wasn't very close to where the crafts where flying (falling) so they didn't come out well. However, let me assure you, it's hilarious to watch the contraptions that people spend upwards of $1200 to build fall flat into the Delaware. Schadenfreude at its finest.

Sunday Chris and I took his youngest sister to the zoo because she'd never been. My membership expires at the end of October, so it seemed like time. Honestly, I enjoy the zoo, but since buying a membership this year, I've been there probably at least 5 times this year. I'm a little over it, to say the least. We still had a good time.

And finally, what most of you are here for- MAC :)
So, we've had a $50 Macy's gift card that we've been holding on to since we got married because we don't have a Macy's within 200 miles. (we also don't have an Ikea, or a good bagel place...) My husband is a seriously good cook, and has been planning to buy a ceramic cookware set, until we got there, and they started at like $200. So he was like, whatever, buy what you want with it.

MAC Pro Longwear Lip Glass in A52 Boundlessly Beige and MAC Face & Body Foundation in N1.


The Lipglass is a fantastic color that I'll probably end up wearing over lipstains because it's sheer except for the sheen/sparkle it has. It's a little tackier than I like, but it tastes good, so I'd say it's a fair trade-off. I haven't really used the Face & Body yet, except for the very nice guy who has helped me on at least one other occasion putting on me to pick the right shade, but I love the way it looks on. I just can't speak to how easy it is to apply yet. I also got my color matching done, and as I had guessed, I'm NW15. Super pale, ftw!

I guess that's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment