23 February 2014

[Review] Cress; Marissa Meyer

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
Release Date: February 4, 2014
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Format: eBook

Summary from Goodreads:
Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard. 

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can

What I Thought: Honestly, I don't know if I really gave this book a fair shot. I was in a terrible reading slump and this book sort of got caught in the middle of that. I LOVED Cinder & Scarlet but this book was definitely my least favorite of the series, so far. The build up of it was really slow, and the actual exciting parts of the book were kind of "too much, too late" for me.

Also, normally I adore books from multiple perspectives but for some reason the very  many perspectives in this book were just too much for me. This is why I think my lack of loving this book was due to the book slump; one of my favorite book styles was one of the reasons I didn't like this one. I might have to give this one a reread in the future to hopefully enjoy it  more.

All of that being said, I am still so very excited for the fourth book, Winter, to come out sometime next year.

Read this if: you can follow upwards of four perspectives at once, if you like dystopias, if you want a really fun retelling of fairy tales.

Out of 5☆: 3/5

This book was 12/100 for 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment