28 September 2013

Halloween Inspiration 2013

I know. It’s still September. I understand. BUT HALLOWEEN IS MY FAVORITE, guys. I’m the Buddy the Elf of Halloween. I’m so ready for costumes and decorations and candy and costumes… Wait. Yeah.

I decided I had waited long enough, so I sat down and came up with my first few bits of Halloween décor for the year. Yeah, I’ll probably add some more stuff as we get closer to the actual holiday, but these are the first few things I’ve done.

This isn’t really a how-to post, but more of just some inspiration for you. I am going to talk a bit about how I did them, but I’m not showing step by steps. (To see a bit more step by step though, you can check out a video here.) I’m going to start with the easiest and work my way down to the hardest.


photo 1For the first one, all I did was get a couple of embroidery hoops and a bit of fabric, cut the fabric into appropriately sized circles and then fit them into the hoops. These will definitely be living on my bookshelf all year round, because I can change out the fabric so easily. If you're looking for a super easy decoration that anyone can do this is the one for you. Plus, you can use non-holiday fabric as well, so you can match your regular home color scheme with this too.

They will make decorating a breeze, and I already have some cute ideas for upcoming holidays...


photo 2Next, I made some bunting. I knew I could sew these with interfacing and that sort of thing, but I really didn’t want to sew on these for some reason. I did these by cutting out some poster board triangles and then wrapping them in fabric using hot glue, then hot glued them to some ribbon. I really love how these look strung across my bookshelves. They were super easy and they’re so cute.


photo 3
And finally, I made a witchy wreath that for once actually looks  in person like it did in my head. If you’ve been around for a while, you know that I’ve had some wreath issues in the past, but this one honestly shows for me how my crafting ability has improved since my Halloween décor has improved since last year.  To do this, I wrapped a 10 inch foam circle in strips of tulle. It took about 6 yards total. Then I added a witches hat that Chloe pained for me, and some striped legs and felt shoes. It’s absolutely adorable & I’m so pleased that it matches what’s in my head.



I’m definitely going to have a ton more Halloween posts over the next month, so stay tuned for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment